What to Expect After a New Filling, Crown, Bridge,or Veneer
Congratulations on receiving your new restoration! We are proud to be your partner in maintaining optimal oral health. Your restoration will add to the life span of your tooth, protect your tooth and in the case of a cosmetic restoration, add to the beauty and function of your dentition.
After your new restoration is placed, there are a few items that you should be aware of:
1) If you were anesthetized, the numbness will last approximately 2 – 4 hours. Please be careful to avoid biting your lip, tongue or cheek while numb. Also, avoid hot coffee or other beverages while numb as well as eating.
2) It is common to experience soreness in the jaw around the site of the injection. If this doesn’t go away within 3 – 4 days, please let us know.
3) If you have sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, it is usually transient and should go away within a couple of weeks.
4) If you experience a sensation that your teeth are not coming together properly or it feels “high”, please call us for a simple adjustment.
5) If you experience any severe pain or swelling, please let us know.
6) Advil or Tylenol is the recommended medication for any of these symptoms (for patients not allergic to these products).
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 817-283-4444.